Including Criminal Code, Highway Traffic, Income Tax, and Regulatory Offences

Referrals to Lisa Christian, Ottawa Lawyer

*this article was updated on December 29, 2023

It can be awkward suggesting that your friend, family member, customer, patient, or client seek the help of a lawyer, especially if their legal issue involves criminal charges or a police investigation. But sometimes it is the right thing to do, and you will have the comfort of knowing that their legal matter will be appropriately addressed.

Making the Referral

If you know someone who could benefit from my services, this article will make it easy for you to refer them to me. Simply copy the link to this article from the address bar above, and paste it in an email to them.

Being Referred

1. All of our communications are confidential, from the first phone call or email. No one outside of my firm will know you even contacted me, unless you authorise me to tell them.

2. There are no fees for the first contact with me. If we are going forward, I will give you a fee quote for legal advice or information. Payment plans are offered for on-going services. Read more about fees by clicking here.

3. I will handle your case personally.

4. I can help you with a wide range of matters; I have particular expertise in defending you against criminal, driving, or tax offences, or advising you if you are under investigation by police, Canada Revenue Agency, or other authorities.

5. You will benefit from my decades of legal experience in Ottawa. Most of this time was as a defence lawyer, and for two years I worked as a prosecutor for the Ontario Attorney General.

6. I work in French and English, with English being my first language. Many English-speaking people enjoy having an English lawyer who can also work with French documents that their file may contain, such as witness statements or police reports written in French.

7. Telephone meetings are popular but personal meetings are also available.

8. I will offer to send you information prior to our consultation that will help you prepare for, and make the most of, our time together. Ask for my updated Client Kit!

9. The best way to reach me is by calling me directly on my cell at 613.203.4874. I will answer personally, or there is a confidential voicemail option.

10. I also offer emergency hours, urgent advice consultations, and in appropriate cases house calls.

Call me at 613.203.4874 to discuss your legal issue. Remember to request my complementary Client Kit for resources and information that are sure to help.